Carrying Capacity Network, Inc.
URGENT ACTION ALERT: JUNE, 2019
MASS Legal Immigration – An Intensifying Threat
Even though President Trumps “Deal” with Mexico will likely result in reduced Illegal Immigration, MASS Legal Immigration is an Intensifying Threat … Intensifying regarding both Costs and other Negative Impacts, including being a continuing Magnet for Illegals.
Indeed, the large numbers of “Slots” Available to Legal Immigrants (e.g., the de facto Unlimited Asylee Category) creates a Magnet effect for Illegals.
Regarding Costs, consider this summary of our NET COSTS Study:
1) U.S. Taxpayers Costs from legal immigration alone - $330 BILLION PER YEAR NET (after subtracting Taxes Immigrants pay) , i.e.,
i. $3.3 TRILLION prospectively for the next Decade.
ii. Does NOT include COSTS borne by States and Localities.
iii. $758 MILLION per Year for Each Congressional District. That is, the costs of legal immigration average $1000 per U.S. Taxpayer per year!
iv. 62% of legal immigrants get one or more “free” (i.e., U.S. Taxpayer-funded) Health Care, Health Insurance, Food Stamps, Section 8 Housing & Welfare.
2) EMPLOYMENT CONSEQUENCES
i. CCN Study — 5.9 MILLION AMERICANS ARE DISPLACED from JOBS SINCE 2005 by IMMIGRANT WORKERS. See www.carryingcapacity.org.
ii. Confirmed by Professor of Computer Science, U.C. Davis, Norm Matloff Blog, “Vast Majority of H1B and related visa hires are Cheap Labor Hires”
iii. And by Ed Rubenstein writing for vdare.com
Please note that CCN has, for years, supported an all-categories-included Zero-Net MORATORIUM on LEGAL Immigration.
The number of immigrants admitted annually consistent with Zero-Net Immigration would be approximately 150,000, in contrast to the current number of approximately 1.6 million annually.
CCN’s MORATORIUM Advocacy maximizes pressure for substantial reduction in Legal Immigration, quite unlike plans advocated by other National Immigration “Reform” Groups, i.e., Groups which refuse to push a Moratorium and therefore are de facto Mass Immigration MANAGEMENT Groups; not genuine reduction groups. If enacted, their positions are counterproductive because they would ensure unending MASS Immigration.
CCN also exposes and opposes Cultural Marxism — driven by MASS Immigration — and which is the Major Force driving Political Correctness, Mass Immigration, Multi-Culturalism and Destruction of Western Nations and their Traditions.
3) NUMBERS: In the background, world population increases by about 80 million per year, and pressure to come to U.S.A. will only increase. Since 2005, an average of 1.5 Million Legal Immigrants settled in the U.S.A. annually. Recently, 1.6-1.7 Million have settled here annually. The US Census reports that 400,000 legal immigrants per year settle in California alone.
4) ENVIRONMENTAL CONSEQUENCES
i. FARMLAND & NATURAL HABITAT LOSS
ii. “For Every Person added to U.S. (or California) Population, one Acre of precious Farmland or Natural Habitat is lost to Developed Uses (e.g., Malls, Urban Sprawl, Tract Housing) (Pimentel et al, Cornell)
iii. California: Potable water demands from growing cities and from ground water depletion far in excess of recharge rates) have led to a long-term Potable Water Crisis resulting in some jurisdictions (e.g., all of Orange County) being forced to drink “Toilet to Tap Water” in recent years. One year of heavy rains has not solved this problem
iv. Our Zero-Net Moratorium push sends the Critical message that we must Stop MASS Legal Immigration in order to protect our environment.
As well, Legal and Illegal Immigration is a Major cause of Increased Homelessness and Crowding (and higher Taxes everywhere in the USA) especially in those Areas which receive large numbers of Immigrants — New York City, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Los Angeles.
Consider California, which receives about 400,000 Legal Immigrants per Year. California has many attractions, generous Taxpayer-funded benefits among them.
But in addition to the aforementioned Costs, there are other very substantial Impacts. Those 400,000 Legal Immigrants plus the hundreds of thousands of Illegal Immigrants create a great and increasing demand for Housing. And since many of the Legal Immigrants especially are well-heeled and heavily subsidized by us taxpayers, they have the Financial ability to “crowd out” the most impoverished Americans — many of whom end up living in the streets, or, if they are “lucky” in tent cities and Trailers. This Demographic Impact is merely the beginning.
The crowding of schools, roads, hospitals, emergency rooms and public Transportation Systems is largely a result of MASS immigration, both legal and illegal.
“…[I]mmigration overload has adversely impacted the carrying capacity of many schools … Especially K to 12…
“… 23% of students in public schools Today are from immigrant households … High Immigration States have seen even more dramatic increases … Nevada 35%, New Jersey 34% Texas 31%, …. Even in states that are not traditional Immigrant Destinations — Minnesota, Alaska, Kansas, … I in 7 students are from immigrant households …”
Christopher Daly, The Impact of Immigration on Public Education, Campoc Inc / NPG, March 2018
These examples effectively refute the Open Borders Crowd’s favorite arguments such as, “Population Growth increases GDP which increases Economic Health.”
Our response: Population Growth often increases Aggregate GDP, but always decreases Per Capita GDP, the True Test of a Nation’s “Wealth.”
Therefore, please push your Congressional Representatives hard NOW to:
1. FULLY FUND THE WALL AND END CATCH AND RELEASE
2. Implement E-VERIFY
3. End Anchor Baby BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP
4. Eliminate all CHAIN MIGRATION except for spouses & minor children of US citizens
5. Enact a Zero-Net* ALL-CATEGORIES-INCLUDED MORATORIUM on LEGAL Immigration, which would reduce legal immigration to about 150,000 per year
6. Outlaw Sanctuary Cities and States, because they are Magnets for criminals
7. Refuse admission to those convicted of a crime and deport them
Please help Carrying Capacity Network intensify our PUSH for the policies above by increasing our Activist Mobilization, Media, lobbying and public education efforts with a tax-deductible donation.
Any donation, no matter how small will be greatly appreciated. Now is the Time to Donate for Maximum Effect!
The 2020 Election Campaign is already underway!
And remember that CCN is a Genuine Mass Immigration REDUCTION Group, so Donations to CCN have far more impact dollar for dollar than Donations to Mass Immigration MANAGEMENT Groups who refuse to support a Zero-Net Moratorium on Legal.
One group focuses SOLELY on ILLEGAL Immigration which is futile because large numbers of legal slots are a Magnet for Illegals, so to reduce Illegal we MUST also reduce Legal "Slots".
Consider another of these groups whose strategies are copied by several others:
1) This group supports a reduction in Legal immigration to 500,000 and “eventually” to 300,000, which would, even if achieved, NOT result in sustainability — Immigrant fertility rates have historically been well in excess of replacement level — and that the world's population increases by 80 Million per year, the pressure to emigrate to the USA will only intensify, especially if encouraged by the USA's current pro-Mass Immigration policies. In sum, enactment of this group’s position would result in unending Mass Immigration-fueled U.S. population growth.
2) And perhaps MOST IMPORTANT . . . COUNTERPRODUCTIVE because it explicitly sanctions unending Mass Immigration, and indeed legitimizes it!! Thus, this and similar groups are Mass Immigration MANAGEMENT Groups and NOT genuine Reduction groups.
3) And, in any event, pushing that position is COUNTERPRODUCTIVE because, in any Negotiation, one should never start with the position where one wants to end up!
Therefore, CCN invites once again all genuine REDUCTIONIST organizations to Join our Diversity Coalition for an Immigration MORATORIUM . . . a Coalition supported by many Immigrants from all Ethnic Groups.
CARRYING CAPACITY NETWORK IS PRO-IMMIGRANT, ANTI-MASS-IMMIGRATION.
Please donate by Credit Card at Carrying Capacity Network, Inc. or by Check via U.S. mail to:
CCN’S MAILING ADDRESS
San Francisco, CA 94104
Carrying Capacity Network, Inc.CarryingCapacityNetwork.blogspot.com