Carrying Capacity Network
URGENT ACTION ALERT
Candidates’ Immigration Positions
[Note: As a 501(c)3 organization, CCN can Not and does Not support or oppose Candidates or Political Parties. But it can and does here publicize their positions on that Most Important Issue: Immigration]
Consider the Presidential Candidates’ Positions on immigration and some of the consequences:
Over the past 12 months, CCN Activists & our ASAP! Coalition Allies have continued to push for an all-categories-included Zero-Net Moratorium on Legal Immigration. We can report great, but limited, success.
This year: The President has ordered a Moratorium (albeit temporary) on admission of some Categories of Immigrants, arguing, correctly, that Jobs and support should be reserved for the 30 Million+ unemployed Americans. The President's most recent action is to raise the requirements for H1b applicants and raise the salary scale so that employers are less able to use these temporary workers to undercut Americans.
Unfortunately, the Joe Biden/Kamala Harris Team, is pushing a de facto Open Borders Agenda. Please help us stop it (See Below). The Agenda would:
1) allow work permits for Illegal Aliens and Not Require the Use of E-Verify
2) allow Chain Migration and the Visa Lottery to Continue
3) not deter Border Surges or Asylum Abuse
4) cause American Taxpayers to continue to pay for Health Careand Welfare for a majority of Legal Immigrants and Illegal Aliens
5) continue to allow Mass Immigration which would force millions of unemployed Americans to compete with Immigrants for Jobs
Worse, the Addition of Harris to V.P. Biden’s Ticket will magnify the pressure both before (and after!?) the November 3rd Election to Enact an Expanded Open Borders Agenda. Legal immigration would increase and enforcement of immigration law would decline!
Just consider Harris’s Record:
- ¾ cosponsor of Dick Durbin’s (D-IL) Keep the STEM Talent Act, which would exempt any foreign student who earned an advanced degree in a STEM major from any numerical limits on immigration. As CCN's and other studies have shown, the USA does not need foreign STEM workers…They are not better trained or more skillful than Americans. They just work for less money and less benefits. So they displace qualified Americans and established immigrants.
- ¾ cosponsor of Senator Lee’s (R-UT) Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act, which would eliminate per-country caps on employment Visas and thus greatly benefit Silicon Valley’s policy of Hiring Low Paid Indian Workers.
- ¾ consistently opposes efforts at Border and Interior Enforcement by, e.g., supporting Senator Cory Booker’s (D-NJ) S144 which would halt local law enforcement cooperation with ICE for enforcement purposes
- ¾ and consistently pushes to decriminalize illegal border crossings
- ¾ try to enact a Mass Amnesty of DACA Aliens and implement DAPA to protect DREAMERS and their parents and give Temporary Protected Status for some foreign nationals who are not yet in the country
- ¾ try to enact Senator Feinstein’s S175 the Agricultural Worker Program Act, which would give illegal Farm Workers Amnesty.
Unfortunately, all the foregoing will add clout to the Open Borders Crowd, but with your help we can stop these horrible policies from being passed again . we need your help Now!
Consider, in recognition of CCN’s successful leadership late last year in
- facilitating the stopping of “Unanimous Consent” for S.386 “ ‘Fairness’ to Skilled Workers” (AKA UNFairness to American Workers) Bill by Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) and Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) which would, inter alia, have allowed admission of 300,000 Indian workers annually plus their families and
- facilitating stopping the Midnight Merger of Senator Dick Durbin’s (D-IL) Open Borders RELIEF Act with Harris/Lee’s S.386! (see CCN’s Alert)
as a result of that success and the Urgent Need to Counter New Threats from the Open Borders Gang, a generous CCN Supporter offered to Match all Donations to CCN last August up to $5,000!
But those funds have now been depleted
Looking ahead, The Open Borders Crowd is going to Rally around the Biden/Harris “Unity Agenda,” i.e., Open Borders Agenda.
But there are alternatives. Several Candidates around the USA push a Moratorium. For example, Delaware GOP Senate Nominee Lauren Witzke is pushing a Moratorium on Legal Immigration!
And that is why it is even more important for we reductionists to push an all-categories-included Zero-NET Moratorium on Legal Immigration.
Pushing for increments (e.g., Modest Reductions in the Total appx. 1.6 Million Legal Immigrant Flow) while well-intended is utterly futile, because, alone it fails to delegitimize and counter the whole enterprise of Mass Legal and Illegal Immigration. Only pushing for a Zero-NET Moratorium does that!
In sum, only CCN and its ASAP! Coalition Allies have The Strategy for Success.
So, please help us continue CCN’s work. Donations are Tax-Deductible. Help CCN intensify our efforts.
Important to remember that CCN is a Genuine Mass Immigration REDUCTION Group, so Donations to CCN have far more impact dollar for dollar than Donations to Mass Immigration MANAGEMENT Groups who refuse to support a Zero-Net Moratorium on Legal.
Therefore, CCN invites once again all genuine REDUCTIONIST organizations to Join our Diversity Coalition for an Immigration MORATORIUM . . . a Coalition supported by many Immigrants from all Ethnic Groups.
CARRYING CAPACITY NETWORK IS PRO-IMMIGRANT, ANTI-MASS-IMMIGRATION.
Indeed, the two largest Immigration MANAGEMENT Groups have de facto undermined our efforts to reduce legal and illegal immigration.
One says its goal is to stop Illegal Immigration, but refuses to acknowledge the Magnet effect the uncapped Asylee and other Categories in Legal Immigration have on drawing in illegal immigrants.
The other group says it is for “lower immigration levels” but that too is entirely Counterproductive because it sends the Message that Mass Immigration is OK but just at lower levels.
As we have been saying for over ten years, the ONLY Position which generates enough Political Power to get reductions in Legal and Illegal immigration is to advocate a Zero-Net Moratorium. Consider:
1. Stopping Illegal Immigration requires greatly Reducing Legal Immigration
Indeed, the large numbers of “Slots” Available to Legal
Immigrants (e.g., the de facto Unlimited Asylee Category) creates
a Magnet effect for Illegal Aliens.
Indeed, the Uncapped Asylee category encourages Trafficking of Children, because it allows any adult bringing a child into the U.S. to become a de facto permanent resident.
2. Regarding Costs, consider this summary of CCN’s NET COSTS Study:
U.S. Taxpayers Costs from legal immigration alone - $330 BILLION PER YEAR NET (i.e., after subtracting Taxes Immigrants pay) , i.e.:
i. $3.3 TRILLION NET prospectively for the next Decade if Legal
immigration is not reduced.
ii. Does NOT include COSTS borne by States and Localities.
iii. $758 MILLION per Year NET for Each Congressional District. That is, the NET costs of legal immigration average $1000 per U.S. Taxpayer per year!
iv. 62% of legal immigrants get one or more “free” (i.e., U.S. Taxpayer-funded) Health Care, Health Insurance, Food Stamps, Section 8 Housing & Welfare.
3. EMPLOYMENT CONSEQUENCES
i. CCN Study — 5.9 MILLION AMERICANS HAVE BEEN DISPLACED from
JOBS SINCE 2005 by IMMIGRANT WORKERS. See www.carryingcapacity.org.
ii. Confirmed by two other studies, e.g., by Professor of Computer Science, U.C. Davis, Norm Matloff Blog, “Vast Majority of H1B and related visa hires are Cheap Labor Hires”
iii. And by Economist Ed Rubenstein writing for vdare.com
And this displacement occurred before the displacement caused by the Economic damage caused by the pandemic.
There is no shortage of American Workers! See recent Immigrant Employment Data from CIS.org in CCN’s previous Alerts.
The Solution: CCN has, for years, supported is an all-categories-included Zero-Net MORATORIUM on LEGAL Immigration. Contact your Senators, Representatives and Candidates to oppose these Bills and Support an all-categories-included Zero-Net Moratorium.
The number of immigrants admitted annually consistent with Zero-Net Immigration would be approximately 150,000 (the approximate number who emigrate every year), in contrast to the current number of approximately 1.5 million annually.
Donations are Tax-Deductible. Help CCN intensify our efforts.
The Open Borders Threat is Intensifying.
Please DONATE Today by Credit Card at Carrying Capacity Network, Inc. or by Check via U.S. mail to:
CCN’S MAILING ADDRESS
San Francisco, CA 94104
Carrying Capacity Network,
Carrying Capacity on ASAP-Coalition.org
Follow CARRYING CAPACITY on GAB: @CarryingCapacity & Twitter: @CCNetworkOrg